Monday, November 20, 2006

Three Hundred Devotions (Lynne Bryer, Cape Town, South Africa)

1. Great Mother, let me not forget where I may quench my thirst. May I not be the one who lies weeping on the desert sands, thinking the cool green oasis ahead is another mirage.

2. The time of awakening has arrived on this earth; a power is moving through the universe, and all are feeling restless and aware, by turns touched by joy and falling easily into despair. Awake, all children of the Mother! The hour has come when you may find the truth, inside yourself.

3. The kingdom every child leaves behind in being born, is a kingdom reached through our own selves, and the process of life is a slow unfolding of knowledge - only to learn how close the door stood all along. There is a shorter path, a gift of grace that all may receive who will.

4. Receive this gift, that you may say with us to the Mother: I have always known You, but I am glad that I have found You.

5. Undoubtedly the Holy Spirit is leading us, Who comforts and nurtures, Who was there at the creation of the world.

6. Brothers and sisters in the world, say with us: I am glad to be a child again.

7. What we have found is like coming home.

8. Now and then we still feel fear. Until we remember who is holding us in Her hands.

9. See our Mother's sweet rosy feet. With them She is kneading humanity into Spirit.

10. In our dreams She visits us and knows each one of us by name, by our light, by the spirit; She looks straight into our souls. O Mother, we are naked in your sight.

11. No one can say, I have not met Mother yet. It is not just that we have bowed before Her in so many lives, but that She has the power to walk into our dreams. And it is She whose hand is holding each of ours. Nevertheless, we are glad that we are living at a time when the Adi Shakti has incarnated, so that we shall set eyes on Her as surely as She has already seen each one of us, Her children. We shall all have the joy of kneeling at Her feet.

12. A rare and precious gift is when mortals recognize an incarnation of the Divine, and are allowed to worship on this earth and taste the bliss only angels knew before.


13. Our desire fills the chrysalis of the world with the nyriad colours of change. The stronger our desire, the swifter the transformation.

14. Mother Earth, protect Yourself against harm. Let the foam of the sea always be white and diamond bright, clean as the dawn of creation.

15. Remember the centuries of calm, the aeons when the birds flew, the beats hunted, the antelope grazed, and all the world was a garden, the wilderness the sole wonder of the world.

16. In the clear morning the sea birds fly unerringly, knowing their goal. So my heart flies to Thee, Mother of my soul.

17. Shri Mother, may our feet ever walk in Your paths, and Your feet ever dwell in our hearts.

18. We know nothing - and it is bliss to know nothing, to surrender to the joy and the certainty. If we surrender, we become one with the flow, channels for Your glory, witnesses who stand above worry and pain.

19. Mother, I am the empty cup into which You pour Your cool, clear love. You have shaped me and You have made me ready.

20. Before realisation, before I heard Your voice, You called me. Through many lives, through all my years, I searched for You. All that was good and beautiful was Your benison, Your bounty, in my life. (benison means blessing)

No comments: